Vice President of Wholesale
Bombas is a fast growing, energetic e-commerce apparel company, focused on making the most comfortable socks in the history of feet, while helping those in need. Founded because socks are the number one most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. For every pair we sell, we donate a pair to someone in need.
We are looking for an energetic and knowledgeable self starter to join our Business Development team and build out our wholesale program. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, motivated, and has experience managing a minimum 30mm in sales. The ideal candidate will drive wholesale performance through commitment to brand awareness, development of client relationships, best-in-class talent, operational excellence and seamless collaboration with partners.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Develop and execute a fully comprehensive, strategic business plan to launch our first-ever wholesale program.
- Research, develop and maintain meaningful client relationships with buyers, department stores, e-commerce sites and specialty store accounts.
- Partner with our Finance and Product teams to ensure there is an aligned focus on revenue achievement and product mix strategy.
- Work closely with our Business Intelligence team to collate sales information from key accounts, analyze and report to stakeholders.
- Meet and negotiate with major accounts to create mutually beneficial financial plans and sales targets prior to the start of each season.
- Monitor the market and competitive dynamics to consistently deliver a competitive advantage.Actively share findings and align with distribution and product strategies.
- Work with our Design Team to schedule client appointments and client product training. Coach and educate clients on brand and product knowledge.
- Conduct regular on-site visits to department stores and specialty accounts to perform product knowledge seminars while also ensuring visual merchandising standards accurately promote brand awareness
- Partner with our VP of Business Development to initiate and organize events such as collection previews, in-store events and strategic partnerships with clients.
- Stay on top of orders to ensure all clients meet deadlines. Review all orders before conversion and ensure that they are complete and accurate.
- Maintain accurate, updated stock lists for clients to support and drive in-season sales. Input reorders and stock swaps.
- Liaise with our Customer Happiness Team for post-sale activity and double check orders to ensure highest possible customer service and follow through.
- Be our in-house expert for all things wholesale, providing education and learning for team members when needed.
- Hire, train, and manage sales and account management teams, as the company scales.
- Work closely with our Chief Marketing Officer on attribution of new customers from wholesale channel.
- Work with creative and product teams on innovative packaging and sales display units.
What you'll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun which is why we host team lunches in office, host offsite team outings, and host two annual company retreats.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all team members receive equity in the business.
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- We have three dogs in the office and we welcome more (unless you have a fear of dogs, in which case you’ll hate it here).
What we’ll love about you:
- You’re a team player who is willing and happy to help.
- You believe in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back.
- You’re positive, generally happy, and a joy to be around.
- You are inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- You enjoy problem solving and working cross functionally.
- You employ a ‘roll up your sleeves and get it done’ work ethic.
- You’re looking to forward to coming to the office everyday.
- Minimum of 8 years Wholesale Sales experience with proven track record of success.
- Experience building relationships with key department store and specialty store accounts, along with an appreciation for the targeted market.
- Confident in dealing with retail math, sales reports, financial measurements and budgeting.
- Exceptional analytical and project management skills.
- Impeccable written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal cross-functional teams and internal business partners.
- Self-starter with the ability to organize and manage own workload.
- Ability for frequent domestic and international travel.
- Must love dogs
Send cover letter & resume with ‘Vice President of Wholesale’ in subject line to