Bombas is a fast growing, energetic e-commerce apparel company, focused on making the most comfortable socks in the history of feet, while helping those in need. Founded because socks are the number one most requested clothing item at homeless shelters, for every pair we sell, we donate a pair to someone in need.
Bombas is seeking an organized, high-energy, dedicated go-getter to join the Business Development team at our fast-growing startup. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, proactive, energetic, and creative. A persistent, yet strategic approach is key to this role. The ideal applicant is looking to help lead the execution of driving the business forward through outreach to potential partners and corporate customers, from strategic planning and big picture thinking, through various streams of communication and negotiating deals.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Identify areas of focus, research and secure appropriate contacts at prospective partner organizations
- Prospect and generate leads, establish first touch point, and forge relationships to maintain regular communication with key players at target companies
- Think creatively to secure revenue, loyalty and awareness opportunities through Corporate Gifting, managing the program from outreach through execution
- Maintain direct communication, serving as liaison to potential Corporate Gifting partners, providing updates on new information and opportunities available
- Work with VP of Business Development to determine best approach and strategy for approaching various partners
- Help negotiate contracts and close business
- Effectively communicate progress to VP of Business Development
- Expand network and new business opportunities by reading relevant publications, growing personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Drive strategically towards pre-determined revenue goals
What you'll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment
- Since we started 3 years ago, no one has quit and no one has been fired
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously
- We value fun which is why we host team lunches in office, host offsite team outings, and host an annual company retreat
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all team members receive equity in the business
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- We have three dogs in the office and we welcome more (unless you have a fear of dogs, in which case you’ll hate it here)
What we’ll love about you:
- You’re a team player who will be willing and happy to help.
- You believe in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back.
- You’re naturally positive, generally happy, and a joy to be around.
- You’re personable and can own a room.
- You speak with conviction and are confident, but not arrogant
- You are excitable, but grounded.
- You are persistent, but gracious
- You embrace failure and never give up.
- You are a good listener and can adjust your approach based on the reaction of others.
- You can see opportunities that are out-of-the-box and can articulate new ideas to others.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- You take the initiative and have a good sense of time management.
- You can take and give straightforward feedback.
- You are resourceful and inquisitive.
- You’re fun, interesting and weird…in a good way!
- 3+ years of sales experience
- A proven track record of success with B2B sales (consumer products a plus)
- The ability to own a task and run with it, from concept through execution
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- A good sense of current events, trends, the e-commerce/retail space and pop culture.
- General love of people
- Must love dogs
To apply please send cover letter and resume with 'Sales Manager' in the subject line to Hiring@bombas.com. You should view your cover letter as the opportunity to sell yourself. Don't be shy, get creative and use this as a way in which to show us your personality and sales technique.