Bombas is a fast growing, energetic e-commerce apparel company, focused on making the most comfortable socks in the history of feet, while helping those in need. Founded because socks are the number one most requested clothing item at homeless shelters, for every pair we sell, we donate a pair to someone in need.
We are looking for an energetic, self starter to join our People Team. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, motivated, and willing to do whatever it takes to put a smile on someone’s face. They are constantly seeking out ways to improve a group environment and make it comfortable for everyone. Bombas’ Office Administrator will manage our NYC Headquarters while serving as a company ambassador and report into our People and Culture Manager.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Greet and welcome all visitors with high energy and professionalism. Our office is a second home for all of us and you are the host.
- Take genuine care and responsibility for the entire workplace. This includes our working areas, storage spaces, and common areas.
- Manage and process incoming/outgoing packages and deliveries.
- Manage our inventory of office supplies, including food & beverage.
- Manage our inventory of in-office Bombas socks.
- Support general office requests, including scanning, filing, scheduling, event prep/breakdown.
- Our conference rooms are designed to look fantastic while being functional. You are responsible for keeping them maintained and ready for use at all times.
- Manage our relationship with building management. Interpret actionable responses as needed, including the adherence to building requirements, policies, security, and the overall safety of our employees.
- Manage our relationships with office vendors. (ie Busy Bee, Blue Tiger, Airgas, Float, etc.).
- Coordinate with our real estate team to liaise with our other property at 115 W 29th Street.
- Manage the administration of our security system(s), including user management for adding/removing access.
- Manage the on-site candidate experience to ensure all job candidates leave the office with a positive, lasting impression.
- Create a communications cadence with all Bombas employees to let us know about expected visitors and general building updates.
- Support our Bombas new hire experience as the organization grows and new initiatives are put in place.
- Coordinate Bombas office outings, employee celebrations, and employee events. This includes being an active participant in our Culture Committee.
- As a member of the People Team, you are expected to support and contribute to the Bombas employee experience. From time to time, this will include supporting People Team initiatives that require all hands on deck.
What you'll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k with match, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun which is why we host team lunches in office, host offsite team outings, and host two annual company retreats.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all team members receive equity in the business.
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer pre-tax $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- We have three dogs in the office and we welcome more (unless you have a fear of dogs, in which case you’ll hate it here).
What we’ll love about you:
- You’re a team player who is willing and happy to help
- You believe in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- You’re positive, generally happy, and a joy to be around
- You are inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- You’re fun, interesting and weird…in a good way!
- Experience in hospitality, human resources, people operations, office administration, office management, or facilities management.
- A contagious, positive attitude. Someone that could be described as a “people person”.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A desire to learn, grow, and gain experience in employee engagement and people operations.
- A passion for living, working, and playing in New York City.
- Experience using Apple products, Google Apps, including Google Calendar and Gmail.
- Immeasurable attention to detail, written and verbal communication.
- You are innately organized. You organize for fun. You love organization.
- You also love dogs.
Send cover letter & resume with ‘Office Administrator’ in subject line to