Front End Developer
Bombas is a fast growing, energetic sock start-up, featuring athletic-leisure socks engineered and designed to look better, feel better and perform better, with a mission to help those in need. Socks are the number one most requested clothing item at homeless shelters, so for every pair we sell, we donate a pair to someone in need.
We are looking for a Front End Developer who has experience working with the Shopify platform. We need a technical team member who can help guide and maintain development of our current Shopify website. We will regularly launch new products, promotions, and other features that will require an attention to detail and elegant code. This position requires the ability to collaborate with designers and other team members to build out user interfaces that constantly improve the way people experience our products online. Candidate will take direction from the Director of Digital Product, and work with the merchandising team to help maximize and maintain the product inventory. Additionally, they will help with smaller tasks such as managing assets, updating copy and fixing bugs.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Acting as the formal liaison between Bombas and Shopify
- Working on and solve in a timely manner all developmental issues on the Shopify platform
- Collaborating with extended team to build user interface and code
- Maximizing and maintaining product inventory
- Fixing bugs, updating copy and managing assets
What you'll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment
- Since we started 3 years ago, no one has quit and no one has been fired
- We are a group of friends who work, play, and volunteer together
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all team members receive equity in the business
- We have no limit on vacation or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- We value fun which is why we often eat lunch together as a group, participate in regularly scheduled team “Happiness Events” and host an annual company retreat
- We have three dogs in the office and we welcome more (unless you have a fear of dogs, in which case you’ll hate it here)
What we’ll love about you:
- You’re a team player who will be willing and happy to help.
- You’re nimble. We're growing and we need to continue to evolve to help the company succeed.
- You believe in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back.
- You’re naturally positive, generally happy, and a joy to be around.
- You’re incredibly detail oriented and data excites you.
- You are inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- You’re fun, interesting and weird…in a good way!
- 2+ years of professional coding experience
- A collaborator with a love for problem solving
- Experience with Git version control
- Comfortable with the Shopify platform, including an understanding of its Liquid templating engine
- Knowledgeable in SEO, performance and accessibility best practices
- Comfortable with email development
- Familiar with A/B testing
Send cover letter & resume to