Director of Planning
Bombas is a fast growing, energetic e-commerce apparel company, focused on making the most comfortable socks in the history of feet, while helping those in need. Founded because socks are the number one most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. For every pair we sell, we donate a pair to someone in need.
Bombas is seeking an organized and determined candidate to lead strategic initiatives, ensure accuracy and consistency across all plans and effectively manage analysis of sales trends, gross margin, inventory and OTB levels. The ideal candidate will work closely with Director of Merchant Planning, Vice President of Product and Senior Business Intelligence Manager to identify business opportunities and drive the business forward.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Developing seasonal business plans, being mindful of historical data analysis used to forecast trends
- Working alongside Director of Merchant Planning, Vice President of Product and Senior Business Intelligence Manager on pre-season category plans for sales, margin and inventory, while keeping in mind growth expectations.
- Overseeing development of pre-season chain plans and in-season forecasting of chain plans
- Managing weekly OTB
- Monitoring monthly performance to sales, inventory and margin targets
- Recommending course of action that will drive profitable sales
- Utilizing an excel-based inventory model to closely monitor and forecast future inventory levels in order to determine repurchase needs.
- Contributing to financials and monthly OTB meetings, making suggestions for future course of action to maximize inventory investments and deliver successful sales opportunities with minimal risks
- Recording and analyzing KPI's with weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and hindsights.
- Engaging partners on Marketing, Design and Product teams to ensure accurate category and product representation in various channels relative to inventory investments.
- Engaging partners on Technology and Operations teams to develop, implement and oversee product planning processes and tools
- Ensuring gross margin maximization via overseeing business planning analysis to ensure pertinent inventory movements are made
- Giving and receiving timely feedback to foster skill development and performance improvement on teams
- Managing a key item replenishment for core products to keep in stock throughout the year
- Partner with design and merchandising to strategize new category investments and launches
- Spearhead new channel launch and growth (e.g. Wholesale, International, Retail) to support overall ecommerce business
- Strategize with C-team on most effective 3 and 5-year long term plans with new category and channel growth
What you'll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment
- Since we started 3 years ago, no one has quit and no one has been fired
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously
- We value fun which is why we host team lunches in office, host offsite team outings, and host an annual company retreat
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all team members receive equity in the business
- We have no limit on vacation, work from home or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- We have three dogs in the office and we welcome more (unless you have a fear of dogs, in which case you’ll hate it here)
What we’ll love about you:
- You’re a team player who is willing and happy to help
- You believe in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- You are a self-starter, solution driven and focused on achieving results
- You are inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- You’re fun, interesting and weird…in a good way!
- 5-10+ years experience in merchandise planning or other relevant experience
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Results driven
- Proficient in Excel, with emphasis on formulas, pivot tables, and the like
- Ability to think critically, work collaboratively but also maintain confident direction
- Must love dogs
Send cover letter & resume with ‘Director of Planning’ in subject line to