Customer Happiness Associate (Customer Experience)
Bombas is a growing, New York- based, energetic sock start-up, featuring athletic-leisure socks engineered and designed to look better, feel better and perform better, with a mission to help those in need. Socks are the number one most requested clothing item at homeless shelters, so for every pair we sell, we donate a pair to someone in need.
We are looking for an organized, energetic, on-top-of-it, go-getter to join our incredible Happiness Team and support all aspects of Customer Experience at Bombas. The ideal entry-level candidate will be detail-oriented, kind, personable, patient and eager to learn. We are a small but mighty team, and are looking for great collaborators, trustworthy partners.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Delivering an awesome customer experience through Bombas communication channels - phone, chat, and email.
- Thinking creatively about ways in which we can engage and optimize each customer’s experience and communicating ideas to The Head of Happiness.
- Seamlessly securing and processing sales orders through the back-end
- Creating innovative moments of surprise and delight for our customers
- Forging, growing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Pulling together customer data and feedback through reports and analysis.
- Relaying customer’s experiences and feedback to the rest of the team and other departments.
- Being the ultimate problem solver, always thinking creatively and leaving the customer smiling.
- Becoming a true brand ambassador and radiating our mission of Bee Better.
What you'll love about us:
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% paid health benefits, 401k, snacks, socks and a fun and relaxed office environment.
- Since we started 3 years ago, no one has quit and no one has been fired.
- We are a group of friends who work, play, and volunteer together.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those less fortunate, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all team members receive equity in the business.
- We have no limit on vacation or sick days because we understand the value of relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and seeing the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer $100 monthly gym reimbursement.
- We value fun which is why we often eat lunch together as a group, regularly schedule team “Happiness Events” and an annual company retreat.
- We have three dogs in the office and we welcome more (unless you have a fear of dogs, in which case you’ll hate it here)
What we’ll love about you:
- You’re a team player who will be willing and happy to help others.
- You’re nimble. We're growing and we need to continue to evolve to help the company succeed.
- You believe in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back.
- You’re naturally positive, generally happy, and a joy to be around.
- You’re incredibly detail oriented and organization excites you.
- You love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up.
- You value trust and honesty.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- You’re fun, interesting and weird…in a good way!
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to adhere to and enforce project timelines and scheduled deadlines
- Detail oriented with exceptional organization, task and time management
- Self-motivated, highly flexible and proactive with a team mentality
- Proficiency in Mac OS, Google Docs and Gmail
- Excellent references required from both current and previous employers
- Experience in Ecommerce, Customer Service, or Start-ups is a plus, but not required
- Bachelors Degree is preferred, but not necessary - this role is entry-level
- Overall positive attitude with a passion for learning
- Based in, or within commuting distance, to New York City
- Must love dogs
What you should know to succeed:
Here at Bombas, our Happiness Guarantee is everything to us. What some people may see as only a simple question about socks, we see as an opportunity to create or solidify affinity to our brand. We are looking for someone to understand this and apply it to every interaction they have. Our Customer Happiness team is also a feeder to other departments at Bombas and so we are looking for someone who is excited about the opportunity to grow and develop in tandem with the team and with the company.
Send cover letter & resume to